AHS 0162A - English II Part A (Face-to-Face)The content should include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) active reading of varied texts for what they say explicitly, as well as the logical inferences that can be drawn
(2) analysis of literature and informational texts from varied literary periods to examine: text craft and structure, elements of literature, arguments and claims supported by textual evidence, power and impact of language, influence of history, culture, and setting on language, and personal critical and aesthetic response
(3) writing for varied purposes: developing and supporting argumentative claims, crafting coherent supported informative/expository texts, responding to literature for personal and analytical purposes, writing narratives to develop real or imagined events, writing to sources using text- based evidence and reasoning
(4) effective listening, speaking, and viewing strategies with emphasis on the use of evidence to support or refute a claim in multimedia presentations, class discussions, and extended text discussions
(5) collaboration amongst peers
The purpose of this course is to provide grade 10 students, using texts of high complexity, integrated language arts study in reading, writing, speaking, listening, and language for college and career preparation and readiness.
Credit Hours: 0.5
Contact Hours: 64
Degrees Offered: None
All catalogs © 2023 Florida State College at Jacksonville.
Powered by the Acalog™ Academic Catalog Management System™ (ACMS™).