2014-2015 Catalog [Aug. 2014-Aug. 2015] [Archived Catalog]
2014-2015 Catalog [Aug. 2014-Aug. 2015]
Florida State College at Jacksonville provides high value, relevant life-long education that enhances the intellectual, social, cultural and economic development of our diverse community.
Distinctive Values and Attributes
Florida State College at Jacksonville is a values-driven institution of higher education committed to ensuring that every student has an extraordinarily positive overall experience by providing:
- Excellent teaching and learning experiences
- High quality courses and learning environments
- Innovation and flexibility in the delivery of courses and services that facilitate completability
- Advanced academic technology and resources
- Academic and student support services to maximize student success
- Significant local scholarship resources
- Affordable tuition and access to local, state and federal aid
- Responsiveness to student, employer and community training and employment needs
- Emphasis on community quality of life and prosperity
- Access to and support for lifelong learning
Florida State College at Jacksonville is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the baccalaureate and associate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Florida State College at Jacksonville. The Commission is to be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution's significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard.
The College reserves the right to change rules, regulations, policies and procedures at any time as authorized by state or federal law and the District Board of Trustees.
Upon completion of coursework, Florida State College at Jacksonville does not guarantee employment or salary in a given field of study. Any jobs or salaries mentioned are given as examples of potential employment not a representation of a guaranteed income.
This document has been prepared and is presented as an informational guide only. Course offerings, fee schedules and other representations provided herein are subject to change, amendment or deletion by the Florida State College at Jacksonville District Board of Trustees as deemed appropriate. Although the information contained herein is generally derived from Board Rules and Administrative Procedures in effect at the time of publication, the Board Rules and Administrative Procedures represent the legal policies of the College and are controlling over this document in all instances.