Florida State College at Jacksonville students interested in a commission as an officer in the United States Army may enroll in the basic Army ROTC College program at the University of North Florida. Students will be enrolled as Military Science Leadership students, college program students, or Army ROTC scholarship students based on the program in which they are accepted. Students who successfully complete the basic course are eligible to enter the advanced program at any university that offers Army ROTC. Students in the basic course may also be eligible for selection to the Army ROTC scholarship program. For information on the Army ROTC scholarship program visit unf.edu/army-rotc/Scholarship_Opportunities.aspx or contact the Army ROTC office at University of North Florida, Heather Furey at (904) 620-3999.
Army ROTC Courses
The following Military Science and Leadership (MSL) lower division courses are needed for Army ROTC:
- MSL 1001 - Leadership and Personal Development
- MSL 1002 - Introduction to Tactical Leadership
- MSL 2101 - Individual Leadership Studies
- MSL 2102 - Foundations of Tactical Leadership
Each course is accompanied by a non-credit physical fitness lab.
Florida State College at Jacksonville students interested in a commission as an officer in the United States Navy or the United States Marine Corps may enroll in the basic NROTC College program and take naval science courses at Jacksonville University. Students will be enrolled as Naval Science students, college program students, or NROTC scholarship students based on the program in which they are accepted. Students who successfully complete the basic course are eligible to enter the advanced program at any university that offers NROTC. Students in the basic course may also be eligible for selection to the NROTC scholarship program. For information on the NROTC scholarship programs visit ju.edu/nrotc or contact the Navy ROTC office at Jacksonville University at (904) 256-7485.
Military and Veterans Service Center Programs
Military and Veterans Service Center exist for the purpose of coordinating education and training opportunities for military service personnel, their family members, government employees, and local community residents in the Jacksonville area. To accomplish this mission, the College provides:
- College credit courses with an emphasis on the General Education Requirements offered at military installations during traditional semester terms and seven-week terms.
- Classes offered at military installations with enrollment throughout the year in the associate in arts and selected associate in science programs;
- Distance learning classes in the associate in arts and selected associate in science programs.
- A full range of advising, registration, and orientation services, including placement testing.
- A full evaluation of military training by submitting the Joint Services Transcript (JST) (visit https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do for branch-specific information) and/or an institutional transcript from a military institution (Community College of the Air Force [CCAF], United States Coast Guard Institute [USCGI]). Military and government personnel can apply these recommended college credits toward a degree related to their career field or another field of their choice.
- A liaison with Naval Recruiting District Jacksonville in the Navy's technical preparatory program. This program is designed for dual enrolled high school students who are enlisted in the Navy's Delayed Entry Program (DEP).
- A liaison with the military education service officers to assist students in the use of the military service tuition assistance (TA) programs and VA benefit programs.
- Non-college credit courses and certificates for students desiring to upgrade career and occupational skills or seeking personal enrichment.
- VetSuccess on campus representatives (located at the Military and Veterans Service Center) providing a supportive, on-campus environment assisting Veteran-students to make a smooth transition to college life and successfully complete their college educational programs.
For information visit fscj.edu/military-veterans, call (904) 357-8890 or toll-free (877) 700-2795, or e-mail email@example.com.