May 26, 2019
The Accounting Technology Management certificate offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and various positions with the accounting field.
A minimum grade of "C" or better must be achieved in all professional coursework.
Completion of the payroll course prepares you to take the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) exam, which is given by the American Payroll Association. The FPC is a credential for payroll beginners and service and support professionals with payroll knowledge. Payroll experience is not required to take this exam.
Need More Information? Contact:
School of Business - Program Department, (904) 381-3704 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Hours: 27
A minimum grade of "C" or better is required in all Professional coursework.
Total Credit Hours: 27 / Program Length: 11 Months
In order to be awarded a technical certificate, students must have met the following requirements.
- Fulfill all academic requirements for the chosen program of study as outlined in the Florida State College at Jacksonville catalog and curriculum.
- Earn minimum prescribed semester hours for the chosen program of study with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 ("C") on a 4.0 scale on all courses that apply to the chosen program of study.
- Complete a minimum of 25 percent of the total hours required for the program in residence at Florida State College at Jacksonville. Credit by examination and credit for prior learning do not count toward this residency requirement.
- Fulfill all obligations, financial or otherwise, to the College before graduating.
Note: Students are cautioned to pay particular attention to the following statements.
- A student's graduation date will be the date of the end of the College term in which the student has fulfilled all academic requirements (The removal of an incomplete grade does not affect students' graduation dates since the grade change is effective at the end of the term in which the incomplete grade was assigned rather than the term in which the incomplete work was made up).
- Students who enter under the (2018/2019) catalog will be assigned to the degree or certificate requirements in effect during the 2018/2019 academic year. The student's assigned catalog year will remain in effect as long as the student maintains continuous enrollment. Changes to requirements as mandated by law or by rule of the District Board of Trustees may supersede this provision.
- Many courses in this catalog have pre-requisite requirements and/or co-requisite courses listed in the course descriptions. Students are advised to be guided by these requirements.
- Students who place into developmental education courses are required to complete designated developmental education courses with a grade of "C" or better regardless of program of study.
This certificate articulates directly into the Accounting Technology (2201) (A.S.) degree. Students may pursue one or more certificates to develop or upgrade their skills in a particular field, or pursue the A.S. degree and earn technical certificates while completing the requirements for the degree. Contact an advisor to determine the career education path that is best for you.
This is a gainful employment program. The College maintains gainful employment programs' placement and on-time completion rates, median loan amounts, SOC codes, and estimated program costs.
Gainful employment programs include only training programs of at least one academic year that lead to a certificate and credentialed non-degree programs (credit programs requiring 24 or more credit hours and clock hour programs requiring 600 or more contact hours). These programs prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.